1st Campus Session

On the 6th February I travelled down to London to attend our first Campus session. I think I was more nervous about using the Tube in London than I was about our actual session, but I made it there. I personally felt the first task of the session, was to move the tables from the middle of the room to against the walls. Strangely enough I felt this task has related to this first module a lot. I remember not knowing why I was moving the tables but it’s what we got told to do, so I just did it. I think this applies to the course as we were told not to over think, but just to complete the tasks given and “go with the flow” so to speak. Honestly, this is where I’m at now. I am not familiar to this blog system and not too sure what to blog about, but looking at the tasks we were given in this campus session and looking through other people’s blogs, I feel I am gaining more knowledge from others which has consequently inspired me to write about the blogs I am and will be creating. I felt there was a pleasant atmosphere in the room during our session, I didn’t find it difficult to speak to anyone, especially after we had taken part in the movement game. I felt this really broke the ice and enabled everyone to talk and debate, that again links to us sharing ideas, which we will have to use when blogging. This game consisted of 4 movements, 3 that were given to us and 1 we had to choreograph by ourselves. Each person then had to choose a movement, that if performed by someone else would initiate them to start, and another movement that would initiate them to stop. Once you started you had to constantly repeat the movements we created and were given to us, which would lead to other people in the group starting and stopping. I also learned through this game, that for the game to work, everyone has to take part just like in this blogging system, if people don’t blog and don’t give each other feedback it isn’t going to be as affective. However if people blog there idea’s and thoughts etc and give each other feedback and create debates then we can all learn a lot more and will consequently have more to reflect on at the end of each task. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I am finding this quite difficult because when challenged I am use to having everything written down so I know exactly what I need to do and what is expected from me, so this is different. However I’m enjoying the challenge and already feel like I’m learning lots.

Comments

  1. Good explanation Luke - yes I think one of the ideas in the beginning of any programme is trying new things - going outside the comfort zone - in order to learn how to make changes. Your description of the event is vey useful - you must observe and make notations in your work - observation is one of the tools that we use in the course as a way to look at practice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Passion

4c. Questions - Developed